There are many ways to prepare vegetables, but roasting is one of my favortites. It brings out the natural flavors of the vegetable and is so easy to do. Roasting is great to do with just a little olive oil and salt, but it is also great with added spices and seasonings. Try this recipe for acorn squash with cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper.
Roasted Spiced Acorn Squash
Recipe from Martha Stewart
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss acorn squash with extra-virgin olive oil and season with coarse salt, ground pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander, and cayenne pepper. Arrange squash, cut side down, in a single layer and cook until tender, 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.