Jones Family Farms, nestled in the White Hills of Shelton, with its 19th century dairy barn and homestead farmhouse, impresses the visitor as a peaceful and relaxed living environment. The beautiful countryside with its orderly rows of Christmas trees, neat stonewalls, and well-maintained fields are the result of efforts by seven generations of Jones family farmers.
The farmers of the 400-acre working farm invite families to visit and harvest seasonal crops:
- Strawberries in June/July, at our Valley Farm and Pumpkin Seed Hill Farm
- Blueberries in July/August, at our Valley Farm and Pumpkin Seed Hill Farm
- Pumpkins and Squash in October, at our Pumpkin Seed Hill Farm
- Christmas Trees between Thanksgiving & Christmas, at our Homestead Farm and Valley Farm
Additionally, we have an on-site winery and vineyards, producing some of CT’s finest grape and fruit wines (named Best Winery by CT Magazine for the last 3 years consecutively.) We offer Cooking Education Classes at our Harvest Kitchen Cooking Studio, and School Farm Programs in the fall.
- Winery Tasting Room – mid March through December, at our Homestead Farm. Visit our website for hours as they expand through the months into summer and fall. The Tasting Room is closed from January until mid March.
- Harvest Kitchen Cooking Studio – late March through December, at our Homestead Farm. Open for scheduled educational events only. Visit our website for list of upcoming events for both Cooking Education Classes, and Wine Education Classes (Sip & Savor) that you can register for online.
- Fall School Programs – during October at our Pumpkinseed Hill Farm. Registered classes of students enjoy a hay wagon tour of the farm fields to see the growing crops and landmarks, learn about what a plant needs to survive and how farmers grow their crops. Open to pre-school, kindergarten and first grades. Registration begins in August.
- Enjoy a Summer Wine Down, Friday afternoons in July and August at our Homestead Farm near the Winery and Kitchen, with extended hours and a fresh array of items created with the produce from our fields.
- Homestead Farm – 606 Walnut Tree Hill Road. Farm offices, Winery Tasting Room, Harvest Kitchen Cooking Studio, Farmers Market, Christmas Trees.
- Pumpkin Seed Hill Farm – 120 Beardsley Road. Strawberries, Blueberries, Pumpkins.
- Valley Farm – 555 Walnut Tree Hill Road. Strawberries, Blueberries, Christmas Trees.